NEWS & EVENTS
Newcomers and guests are always welcome at ISM events. Also posted here are events around the region and national events. If you have questions, please feel free to contact us.
- Saturday, July 25 - ISM Plant Sale to the Public
Verill Farm, 11 Wheeler Road, Concord MA. Sale runs from 11:00 AM to 4:00 PM or until all of the irises are gone. These are named irises of all sizes and types - tall beardeds, medians, dwarfs and beardless irises - at low prices, many from members' gardens, so you know they'll grow well for you. Come early for best selection.
- Sunday, August 2 - ISM Members Auction 12:00 noon - 4:00 pm
Toadland Gardens (home of Stephanie Markham and Lawrence Wilson), 22 Lawrence Street, Norfolk, MA. Bring a sandwich and a chair; drinks and dessert will be provided. Lunch at noon; auction starts at 1:00 PM. As always, members are welcome to bring non-member friends.
- Saturday, October 3 - Region 1 Fall Meeting
Ramada Inn, Lewiston, ME. Phil Williams, TB hybridizer and owner of Rockytop Gardens in Eagleville, Tennessee will be presenting the program on tall bearded irises. Other details TBD.
- Saturday, November 7 - ISM Fall Meeting
Bedford Town Center. Details TBD.
- Lowell Sun, June 6, 2012
Iris Eyes are Smiling in Concord - link to a slideshow/interview with Barbara and David Schmieder in their Concord gardens (be sure to click on "captions" at the bottom of the video). In addition, click here to see a Lowell Sun YouTube video of Barbara Schmieder explaining iris branching.
DIRECTIONS TO BEDFORD TOWN CENTER
From Route 128 / I-95:
- Take exit 31B (Bedford St./ MA-225 W / MA 4N).
- Go through 6 stop lights.
- After the 6th light, take the 2nd left onto Mudge Way.
- Take an immediate left into the driveway for the Town Hall and Town Center and wind around until you see the yellow clapboard Town Center building. There are several parking areas nearby.
- Enter through the center doors. We meet in the Shawsheen Room, downstairs (a short flight to the right, or there is an elevator).