NEWS & EVENTS
Newcomers and guests are always welcome at ISM events. Also posted here are events around the region and national events. If you have questions, please feel free to contact us.
- Saturday, March 15, 12:00 - 4:00 PM - ISM Spring Meeting and Photo Contest
Bedford Town Center (yellow building), 12 Mudge Way, Bedford, MA. Bring prints of your iris photos; judging will occur during lunch, which is potluck. Bring a dish to share, drinks and dessert will be provided. Photo Contest classes and rules are here. The program will be a demonstration and discussion of Japanese flower arranging by Kathy Marble.
- Saturday, May 24, Region 1 Garden Tour
Elizabeth Park, 15761 Asylum Avenue, West Hartford, Connecticut. Hosted by the Connecticut Iris Society. More details to come.
- Monday, May 26, ISM Iris Show - free admission, open to the public from 1:00 - 4:00 PM
Harvey Wheeler Community Center, 1276 Main Street, (West) Concord, MA. The theme of the show this year is "Postcard Memories of Massachusetts." Entries can be submitted between 8:00 and 10:00 AM; open to the public from1:00 - 4:00 PM. For more details, check the show flyer here.
- Sunday, June 1, ISM Garden Tour
We'll be visiting the Schmieders' (Concord), Schafer/Sacks (Carlisle) and Toadland gardens (Norfolk). More details coming.
- Sunday, July 27, ISM Auction
Our annual auction of newer irises. Toadland Gardens, Norfolk, MA.
- Saturday, October 4, Region 1 Fall Meeting,
Sponsored by the Connecticut Iris Society, held in Rockville, CT. Speakers: Dana & Sylvia Borglum. More details coming.
- Lowell Sun, June 6, 2012
Iris Eyes are Smiling in Concord - link to a slideshow/interview with Barbara and David Schmieder in their Concord gardens (be sure to click on "captions" at the bottom of the video). In addition, click here to see a Lowell Sun YouTube video of Barbara Schmieder explaining iris branching.
DIRECTIONS TO BEDFORD TOWN CENTER
From Route 128 / I-95:
- Take exit 31B (Bedford St./ MA-225 W / MA 4N).
- Go through 6 stop lights.
- After the 6th light, take the 2nd left onto Mudge Way.
- Take an immediate left into the driveway for the Town Hall and Town Center and wind around until you see the yellow clapboard Town Center building. There are several parking areas nearby.
- Enter through the center doors. We meet in the Shawsheen Room, downstairs (a short flight to the right, or there is an elevator).