NEWS & EVENTS
Newcomers and guests are always welcome at ISM events. Also posted here are events around the region and national events. If you have questions, please feel free to contact us.
- Saturday, February 20 - 10:30 AM - 4:00 PM - Hybridizers' Meeting + Q&A
Bedford Town Center. This is our annual meeting where our hybridizers show off their latest introductions, seedlings and/or "works in progress." We're also planning a hybridizing Q&A for newer folks who might like to try their hand at making a few crosses. Lunch will be pot luck. Bring a main dish, veggie, salad or bread; drinks and dessert provided.
- Saturday, March 26 - 12:00 - 4:00 PM - ISM Spring Meeting and Photo Contest.
The program will include photos from the 2015 National Convention part II (the gardens we didn't get to in November), and a practicum on iris growing. The photo contest rules are here. Attendee voting on the photo contest will occur during lunch, which will be pot luck. Bring a main dish, veggie, salad or bread; drinks and dessert provided.
- TBD - Region 1/ISM Spring Meeting/Garden Tour
Watch your email for further details.
- May 23 - 28 - AIS National Convention, Newark NJ
- Monday, May 30 - ISM Iris Show
At the Harvey Wheeler Community Center, 1276 Main Street, West Concord, MA. Watch your email for further details.
- Lowell Sun, June 6, 2012
Iris Eyes are Smiling in Concord - link to a slideshow/interview with Barbara and David Schmieder in their Concord gardens (be sure to click on "captions" at the bottom of the video). In addition, click here to see a Lowell Sun YouTube video of Barbara Schmieder explaining iris branching.
DIRECTIONS TO BEDFORD TOWN CENTER
From Route 128 / I-95:
- Take exit 31B (Bedford St./ MA-225 W / MA 4N).
- Go through 6 stop lights.
- After the 6th light, take the 2nd left onto Mudge Way.
- Take an immediate left into the driveway for the Town Hall and Town Center and wind around until you see the yellow clapboard Town Center building. There are several parking areas nearby.
- Enter through the center doors. We meet in the Shawsheen Room, downstairs (a short flight to the right, or there is an elevator).