NEWS & EVENTS
Newcomers and guests are always welcome at ISM events. Also posted here are events around the region and national events. If you have questions, please feel free to contact us.
- Saturday, October 4, Region 1 Fall Meeting 9:30 AM - 4:00 PM
Sponsored by the Connecticut Iris Society, held at the Rockville United Methodist Church, 142 Grove Street, Rockville, CT 06066. Speakers: Dana & Sylvia Borglum, award-winning hybridizers of bearded and beardless irises, will be presenting an "old fashioned" slide show showing pictures taken over many years of what has been going on in their 3 acres of irises, located just a few hours drive west of AIS Region 1.
The agenda includes our annual meeting and an auction of iris and plant treasures. Please bring items to donate to the auction. Lunch (boneless chicken breast infused with ginger and sesame with sides) can be reserved in advance ($6/person; contact Ruth Bennett by Sept. 29, email@example.com or 1 860 873 1305), or BYO sandwich; beverages provided.
Click here to download the information, directions and lunch registration form.
- Saturday, November 15, ISM Fall Meeting
Bedford Town Center (yellow building), 12 Mudge Way, Bedford MA. Seed exchange and panel discussion about growing beautiful, healthy bearded irises. Lunch is potluck; bring a dish to share, drinks and desserts will be provided.
- Lowell Sun, June 6, 2012
Iris Eyes are Smiling in Concord - link to a slideshow/interview with Barbara and David Schmieder in their Concord gardens (be sure to click on "captions" at the bottom of the video). In addition, click here to see a Lowell Sun YouTube video of Barbara Schmieder explaining iris branching.
DIRECTIONS TO BEDFORD TOWN CENTER
From Route 128 / I-95:
- Take exit 31B (Bedford St./ MA-225 W / MA 4N).
- Go through 6 stop lights.
- After the 6th light, take the 2nd left onto Mudge Way.
- Take an immediate left into the driveway for the Town Hall and Town Center and wind around until you see the yellow clapboard Town Center building. There are several parking areas nearby.
- Enter through the center doors. We meet in the Shawsheen Room, downstairs (a short flight to the right, or there is an elevator).