NEWS & EVENTS
Newcomers and guests are always welcome at ISM events. Also posted here are events around the region and national events. If you have questions, please feel free to contact us.
- Saturday, February 21, Hybridizers Meeting - 10:30 AM- 4:00 PM
Bedford Town Center (yellow building), 12 Mudge Way, Bedford MA. Bring slides or digital images of your seedlings on CD or USB to share. You don’t have to be a hybridizer to attend - come to see what the hybridizers are up to! Lunch is potluck; bring a dish to share, drinks and desserts will be provided.
- Saturday, March 21, ISM Spring Meeting and Photo Contest - 12:00 - 4:00 PM
Bedford Town Center (yellow building), 12 Mudge Way, Bedford MA. Remember to bring your photos to enter in the ISM photo contest. Lunch is potluck; bring a dish to share, drinks and desserts will be provided.
- May 18 - 23 - AIS National Convention and
May 24 & 25 - Siberian/Species Convention
Portland, Oregon. Check the 2015 National Iris Convention Site for all the details.
- ISM Plant Sale and ISM Auction - Dates in late July/early August TBD.
- Lowell Sun, June 6, 2012
Iris Eyes are Smiling in Concord - link to a slideshow/interview with Barbara and David Schmieder in their Concord gardens (be sure to click on "captions" at the bottom of the video). In addition, click here to see a Lowell Sun YouTube video of Barbara Schmieder explaining iris branching.
DIRECTIONS TO BEDFORD TOWN CENTER
From Route 128 / I-95:
- Take exit 31B (Bedford St./ MA-225 W / MA 4N).
- Go through 6 stop lights.
- After the 6th light, take the 2nd left onto Mudge Way.
- Take an immediate left into the driveway for the Town Hall and Town Center and wind around until you see the yellow clapboard Town Center building. There are several parking areas nearby.
- Enter through the center doors. We meet in the Shawsheen Room, downstairs (a short flight to the right, or there is an elevator).