NEWS & EVENTS
Newcomers and guests are always welcome at ISM events. Also posted here are events around the region and national events. If you have questions, please feel free to contact us.
- Saturday, November 12, 12:00 - 4:00 PM - ISM Fall Meeting
At the Bedford Town Center. Lunch is potluck; bring a dish to share, drinks and dessert provided. We will have our seed, bulb and plant exchange; you do not need to bring seeds/bulbs/plants to take them. The program will include pictures from Presby Memorial Iris Garden, where the AIS National Convention was held this spring, plus a talk about iris culture led by Jan Sacks.
- February TBD - Hybridizers' Meeting
At the Bedford Town Center. ISM and Region 1 hybridizers get a chance to show off their latest projects. A digital projector will be available. Whether you have made only a few crosses or hundreds, you are welcome to present your works in progress. Bring your laptop or your programs on USB flash drives(not on CD).
- March TBD - ISM Spring Meeting & Photo Contest
At the Bedford Town Center. Program and other details TBD. Check Photo Contest classes and rules here.
- May TBD - Garden Tours
Watch your email for details.
- July TBD - ISM Plant Sale to the public
At Verrill Farm in Concord. Details TBD.
- August TBD - ISM Auction
At Toadland Gardens, Norfolk, MA. Details TBD.
- Lowell Sun, June 6, 2012
Iris Eyes are Smiling in Concord - link to a slideshow/interview with Barbara and David Schmieder in their Concord gardens (be sure to click on "captions" at the bottom of the video). In addition, click here to see a Lowell Sun YouTube video of Barbara Schmieder explaining iris branching.
DIRECTIONS TO BEDFORD TOWN CENTER
From Route 128 / I-95:
- Take exit 31B (Bedford St./ MA-225 W / MA 4N).
- Go through 6 stop lights.
- After the 6th light, take the 2nd left onto Mudge Way.
- Take an immediate left into the driveway for the Town Hall and Town Center and wind around until you see the yellow clapboard Town Center building. There are several parking areas nearby.
- Enter through the center doors. We meet in the Shawsheen Room, downstairs (a short flight to the right, or there is an elevator).