NEWS & EVENTS
Newcomers and guests are always welcome at ISM events. Also posted here are events around the region and national events. If you have questions, please feel free to contact us.
- Saturday, October 3 - Region 1 Fall Meeting
This year's meeting is hosted by the Maine Iris Society and will be held at the Ramada Inn, 490 Pleasant Street, Lewiston, ME. Continental breakfast will be served at 9:00 am. The Region 1 business meeting starts at 10:00 am, followed by an auction of iris-related items. A modestly priced ($5-$6) buffet lunch will be available from noon - 1:00 pm; no reservations required. Phil Williams, TB hybridizer and owner of Rockytop Gardens in Eagleville, Tennessee will be presenting the program on tall bearded irises starting at 1:00 pm.
If you are planning to be present for the continental breakfast (for which there is no charge), please contact MIS president Harriet Robinson by September 20th so that she can make sure there is enough food (firstname.lastname@example.org or (207) 743-7236)
- Saturday, November 7 - ISM Fall Meeting and Seed/Plant Exchange
Bedford Town Center. Program will include reports/pictures from members who attended the AIS Convention in Portland. We will also have our seed/bulb/plant exchange. Other details TBD.
- Lowell Sun, June 6, 2012
Iris Eyes are Smiling in Concord - link to a slideshow/interview with Barbara and David Schmieder in their Concord gardens (be sure to click on "captions" at the bottom of the video). In addition, click here to see a Lowell Sun YouTube video of Barbara Schmieder explaining iris branching.
DIRECTIONS TO BEDFORD TOWN CENTER
From Route 128 / I-95:
- Take exit 31B (Bedford St./ MA-225 W / MA 4N).
- Go through 6 stop lights.
- After the 6th light, take the 2nd left onto Mudge Way.
- Take an immediate left into the driveway for the Town Hall and Town Center and wind around until you see the yellow clapboard Town Center building. There are several parking areas nearby.
- Enter through the center doors. We meet in the Shawsheen Room, downstairs (a short flight to the right, or there is an elevator).