NEWS & EVENTS
Newcomers and guests are always welcome at ISM events. Also posted here are events around the region and national events. If you have questions, please feel free to contact us.
- Sunday, July 27, ISM Auction and Sale - 12:00-4:00 PM
Hosted by Stephanie Markham and Larry Wilson 22 Lawrence Street, Norfolk, MA 02056. Bring a sandwich and a chair, drinks and dessert will be provided. This is probably the most fun event of the year - everyone can just sit back and relax and have a good time. It is your chance to get the latest, greatest, and prettiest newer irises at prices below those listed in the catalogs. Lunch is at noon, the auction itself starts at 1:00 PM.
Click here for the notice, which includes directions. Or contact Stephanie (508 528 7416 or email@example.com) with questions.
- Saturday, October 4, Region 1 Fall Meeting,
Sponsored by the Connecticut Iris Society, held in Rockville, CT. Speakers: Dana & Sylvia Borglum. More details coming.
- Lowell Sun, June 6, 2012
Iris Eyes are Smiling in Concord - link to a slideshow/interview with Barbara and David Schmieder in their Concord gardens (be sure to click on "captions" at the bottom of the video). In addition, click here to see a Lowell Sun YouTube video of Barbara Schmieder explaining iris branching.
DIRECTIONS TO BEDFORD TOWN CENTER
From Route 128 / I-95:
- Take exit 31B (Bedford St./ MA-225 W / MA 4N).
- Go through 6 stop lights.
- After the 6th light, take the 2nd left onto Mudge Way.
- Take an immediate left into the driveway for the Town Hall and Town Center and wind around until you see the yellow clapboard Town Center building. There are several parking areas nearby.
- Enter through the center doors. We meet in the Shawsheen Room, downstairs (a short flight to the right, or there is an elevator).