NEWS & EVENTS
Newcomers and guests are always welcome at ISM events. Also posted here are events around the region and national events. If you have questions, please feel free to contact us.
- Sunday, May 22, 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM - Region 1/ISM Spring Meeting/Garden Tour
This is a self-guided tour that visits both Toadland Gardens, the gardens of Stephanie Markham and Larry Wilson in Norfolk, MA, and Joe Pye Weed's Garden, the gardens of Jan Sacks and Marty Schafer, in Carlisle, MA. Toadland will be in the morning and Joe Pye Weed's in the afternoon, with 1 hour of judges' training available (for all interested parties, whether you're an AIS judge/judge-in-training or not) in each garden. Bring your lunch; drinks, snacks and desserts will be provided in both gardens. Watch your email for more details and directions to the gardens.
- May 23 - 28 - AIS National Convention, Newark NJ
- Monday, May 30 (Memorial Day) - ISM Iris Show
At the Harvey Wheeler Community Center, 1276 Main Street, West Concord, MA. Watch your email for further details.
- Sunday, August 7 - ISM Auction and Sale of Newer Irises
Hosted by Toadland Garden, home of Stephanie Markham and Larry Wilson, 22 Lawrence Street, Norfolk, MA 02056. Auction is outside, under a canopy, rain or shine. BYO chair and a sandwich; drinks and desserts provided. Lunch is at noon; the auction begins at 1 PM. Watch your email for more details and directions.
- Saturday, October 15, 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM - Region 1/ISM Fall Meeting
At the Bedford Town Center. We will start at 10:00 AM with snacks and conversation, then business meeting, Region 1 Auction and Lunch (pot luck lunch, provided by ISM members), then the program after lunch. Our speaker will be Paul Black, from Mid-America Gardens.
- Saturday, November 12, 12:00 - 4:00 PM - ISM Fall Meeting
At the Bedford Town Center. We will have our seed and plant exchange. Watch your emaill for further details.
- Lowell Sun, June 6, 2012
Iris Eyes are Smiling in Concord - link to a slideshow/interview with Barbara and David Schmieder in their Concord gardens (be sure to click on "captions" at the bottom of the video). In addition, click here to see a Lowell Sun YouTube video of Barbara Schmieder explaining iris branching.
DIRECTIONS TO BEDFORD TOWN CENTER
From Route 128 / I-95:
- Take exit 31B (Bedford St./ MA-225 W / MA 4N).
- Go through 6 stop lights.
- After the 6th light, take the 2nd left onto Mudge Way.
- Take an immediate left into the driveway for the Town Hall and Town Center and wind around until you see the yellow clapboard Town Center building. There are several parking areas nearby.
- Enter through the center doors. We meet in the Shawsheen Room, downstairs (a short flight to the right, or there is an elevator).